Elisa Bundy RN, BSN, Health Services Coordinator
Grayslake Middle School
440 N. Barron Blvd.
Lori Isaacs RN, BSN, Health Services Coordinator
340 Alleghany Road
Infectious Disease in Illinois
• Repiratory Illness Due to Enterovirus D68 (09/16/14)
• A Friendly Reminder to Parents (04/04/14)
• Not a Thing of the Past! (03/12/14)
• Spread the awareness, not the germs! (01/10/14)
Allergy Academy 101:
• What does anaphylactic allergy mean? (12/17/13)
LINKS & INFORMATION
Preschool Vision and Hearing Screening
Flu Season and School
Winter Safety Reminders
School Physical Form
School Physical Form - Spanish
Sports Physical Form
Dental Exam Form
Dental Exam Waiver
Dental Exam Waiver - Spanish
Eye Exam Report
School Medication Authorization Form
Parental Authorization Self-Administration of Medication
Take Ten - Ideas for Parents on Talking to Their Kids About Puberty
Ready...or Not!! A Family Guide for Conversations About Puberty
Tdap Vaccine for Pertussis
- Illinois Department of Public Health
The Illinois Department of Public Health website lists all immunization requirements for Illinois school children. Please refer to the ILGA website for more information.
- Vision and Hearing Screenings
Children in preschool, kindergarten, first, second, third, and special education will receive a hearing screening. Children in preschool, second, eighth, and special education will receive a vision screening. Vision screening is not a substitute for a complete eye and vision evaluation by an eye doctor. Your child is not required to undergo a vision screening if an optometrist or ophthalmologist completed and signed a report form indicating that an examination has been administered within the previous 12 months. If applicable please provide your school with a copy of your child's eye examination.
Tue, 10/14 at Avon
Wed, 10/15 at Grayslake Middle School
Thu, 10/16 at Meadowview
Fri, 10/17 at Woodview
Mon, 10/20 at Prairieview
Tue, 10/21 at Park Campus
Wed, 10/22 at Park Campus
Thu, 10/23 at Frederick
- Lake County Health Department Notice
The Lake County Health Department/ Community Health Center has scheduled H1N1 flu vaccination clinics at five Lake County sites. These walk-in clinics are initially for people in specific high priority target groups.
Download the flyer for more information.
- Illinois Mandatory Eye Exam Law for Children Goes Into Effect
The Illinois legislature has amended the School Health Code to require all children entering Illinois schools for the first time, including kindergarten, to have a vision examination. Please visit the Prevent Blindness America website for more information and download the Legislation Text.
- All new students entering a CCSD 46 school must have an Illinois school physical form and vision exam on file.
- Sports physicals are required for all students who plan on playing sports at Grayslake Middle School and Park Campus. Forms are available in the school offices, and must be on file at school in order to tryout for a team.
- All students entering Pre-K, Kindergarten or 6th grade must have a school physical form on file.
- All students entering Kindergarten, 2nd, or 6th grades must have a dental examination form on file.