ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL PLAN
At this time, we would like to enlist the help of all parents and children regarding the very important topic of arrival and dismissal of school. For the safety of all of our children, it is critical that every parent and guardian read this information. An explanation and practice run of these arrival and dismissal procedures should ensure a smoother transition for the children.
Children should arrive to school no earlier than 8:30 AM and will be dismissed from school promptly at 3:15 PM. School hours are 8:45 AM - 3:15 PM.
For the sake of student safety, we ask your support and cooperation in following all guidelines:
- When you are waved forward, please move cars up to the end of the circle. If you see your child, but have been waved forward, please wave your child to the front of the circle. Communicating this to your child in advance should help relieve any anxiety.
- Entering/exiting a vehicle should only occur when it stops completely.
- All students should be entering/exiting a vehicle on the southeast side of the big oak trees. This way, children will not walk in front of cars that could be moving.
- Watch for pedestrians crossing from the visitor parking area.
- The small drive in front of the school (boot) is for moving traffic only; your vehicle should never be left unattended, even for a minute, while in this area.
- The circle is for pick up/drop off only. Please use a parking space whenever you need to enter the building.
- Vehicles should never be double parked.
- Point children in the right direction of designated arrival area.
- Encourage children to ask an adult for assistance.
All students should enter the building through the main entrance between 8:30 and 8:45. Please note: The "Boot" is available if you plan to bring your child to school and is for moving traffic only. If you need to enter the building (even if only for a minute), please park your car in a parking space in the "Boot", main parking lot, or visitor parking lot.
Dismissal for students is at 3:15 PM.
- Bus students will dismiss through the main parking lot exit.
- Students being picked up by car will dismiss through the main entrance and are to be picked up in the "Boot".
- Walkers must stay on the bike path. Walking areas for Frederick School include; Avon on the Prairie, Estates of Eastlake, Quail Creek, Cherry Creek, Stratford-On-Avon.
Please note: The "Boot" is available if you plan to bring your child to school. The "Boot" is for moving traffic only. If you need to enter the building (even if "only for a minute"), please park your car in a parking space in the "Boot", main parking lot, or visitor parking lot.