Community Consolidated School District 46 has has contracted with Preferred Meal Systems as our food service vendor for the 2013-2014 school year.
Please download and review the following forms and information pertaining to our food service program. Included are the free and reduced price meal program forms, meal ticket order form and the lunch ticket charge authorization.
Free and Reduced-Price Meals Program:
Meal Ticket Order Form:
PREFERRED MEAL SYSTEMS, INC.
Your child's school day just got healthier! School lunches now include more fruits, vegetables, and whole grain-rich foods; only fat-free or low-fat milk; "right size" meals with portions designed for a child's age; and less saturated fat, trans fat and sodium. The changes in school meals, the first in 15 years, are based on the latest nutritional guidelines.
Here are some important facts about the new school meals:
- The new school lunch provides 1/3 of the average daily calorie needs for kids by age.
- Some highly active students, like athletes, may need more calories. Some schools may offer second helpings of fruits and vegetables. A second carton of milk may also be an option. Schools can also operate after-school snack and supper programs. Students and/or sports teams can also bring food from home.
- In practice, many students are being served the same amounts of protein as before under the new standards.
Your child can learn good habits for life by making healthy food choices and getting proper exercise now. This year is a transition year as schools implement these new standards and work together with parents, to ensure that every child, in every community across America, has access to healthy and nutritious meals. Encourage them to try new foods and eat the healthy food offered. Reinforce healthy eating by offering similar new foods at home.
Keep updated on the changes at www.fns.usda.gov/healthierschoolday.
Preferred Meal Systems' works with the Grayslake Food Department of Food and Nutrition Services to develop a child pleasing menu that not only meets all of the requirements of the National School Lunch Act for K-8, but one that will provide the highest participation. Menus meet or exceed requirements for calories, vitamins A and C, iron and calcium averaged weekly. In addition, the weekly average of calories from fat does not exceed 30% and saturated fat does not exceed 10%. Products are formulated to provide the lowest amount of fat and nutrients while maintaining taste and quality. A cycle menu is used for the basis of our monthly menu development with new and featured items each month.
Nutritional analyses are provided with the menus to the schools 15 days in advance of the serving month along with the Preferred Word newsletter. Menus include theme days, holiday treats and monotony breakers.
Trans Fat-Free Menus
We are pleased to announce all items Preferred Meal Systems purchases or produces contain 0 g trans fat, excluding naturally occurring trans fat, which may found naturally in beef or cheese. This excludes any government commodity items that a school district may contract for, which may still contain artificial trans fat.
Additional Menu Options
In order to provide a varied menu that will satisfy a range of tastes, we offer at least two to three choices of entrees a day for lunch that may include meatless or sandwich choices in addition to the regular entrée. We work with your Food and Nutrition Department to find the optimal choices to satisfy the Grayslake children's appetites.
Product Specification Sheets
Please download the appropriate 2012-2013 Product Specification Sheets for detailed ingredient listings, nutrient information, and product/serving information. Sign up to receive periodic product specification updates directly from Preferred Meals.
- Breakfast - Cold - Milk, Cereals, Bagels, Superstix, Pop-Tarts, Crackers, Donuts, Muffins, Breakfast Square, Granola Square
- Breakfast - Hot - Pancakes, Waffles, French Toast, English Muffin Sandwich, Bisquit Sandwich, Breakfast Sandwich, Bagel Sandwich, Breakfast Wrap, Breakfast Burrito
- Breakfast - To Go - Breakfast combos
- Lunch Entrees
- Breads and Snacks - Cookies, Graham Crackers, Pretzels, Doritos, Munchie Mix, Baked Cheetos, Crackers, Tortilla Rounds, Honey Belly Bears, Cinnamon Grahams, Cinnamon Belly Bears, Jungle Crackers, Graham Crackers, Pretzels, Sun Chips, Corn Muffin, Muffins, Garlic Bread, Tortilla, Breadsticks, Burger Bun, Hotdog Bun, Wheat Bread, Pita Bread,
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Condiments - BBQ Sauce, Dressings, Mayonnaise, Honey, Relish, Mustard, Margarine, Sweet & Sour Sauce, Tartar Sauce, Soy Sauce, Ketchup, Syrup, Taco Sauce, Salsa, Jelly
Posted 5/7/2009, updated 10/02/2012